Learn hiragana and learn the nuts and bolts of Japanese.
- Read and write hiragana and katakana
- Read and write 100 characters
- Understand and use daily phrases/greetings
- Produce and respond to simple questions/statements. (ie 何時ですか、OOをください、OOしなければいけない）
Begin to express more: talking casually, comparisons, excuses and reasons, and advice
- Read and write 300 characters
- Understand and use both simple polite and casual sentences.
- Give comparisons, reasons, and advice.
- Talk about the past and future plans.
Learn formal language structures used in business and workplace settings and lots more!
- Read and write 400 characters
- Understand and use basic formal languages appropriately
- Talk and understand the linguistic differences between a wide range of ages and genders.
- Starting to read and write academic texts
Build on your foundations for more nuanced language.
- Read and write 700 characters
- Understand texts about everyday subjects that are written moderately difficultly
- Understand normal speech at close to native speed.
- Produce a range of nuanced grammar points
Understand most of what is said and written around you in Japan
- Read and write 1000 characters
- Understand and produce language at native speed or written difficultly.
- Understand and talk on a range of subjects
- Understand most news programs, articles and television.
Polish your Japanese level to a complete life-ready standard
- Read and write at high school graduate level (2000 characters)
- Understand and produce language to understand new and unfamiliar subjects.
- Understand university-level/exam texts and speech
Go beyond the N1 and become as close as possible to native.
- Easy to understand accent
- Understand how to read new words well (accent/pronounciation)
- Produce detailed and nuanced language in your field of speciality
- Able to ask nuanced questions and give nuanced answers (similar to an interviewer)
Check out how we teach
for only ¥1000
Get 4 lessons to start you off!